What is Friendship?
Friendship is like planting a seed that you’ve found. You are not quite sure what and how it’s going to grow, so you have to watch it very carefully and nurture (look after) it. Maybe it won’t grow at all, in spite of your finest efforts. Maybe it’ll only grow in a sickly, disgusting plant/ weed that you need to pull out later. But, if everything goes good and the conditions are favorable, then that seed will grow to a strong flourishing plant that will continue to be bigger and better as time passes by, Know: How to make Friends.
Up until now the closest you have been is your family. They know you very well, in and out, each and every little detail about you. But having true friends in your life is a blessing in disguise. Friendship is the most beautiful relationship in one’s life. It’s the friends that you will meet along the way that will help you appreciate and value your life’s journey.There is nothing better than knowing that one has a constant support behind them self. Having a best friend is great. You get to share your thoughts, emotions, secrets, he/ she is your partner for games and learning activities, fun times, and a person who is of your age but still cares for you and understands you.
Very few are blessed with the charisma to make new friends instantly. They fascinate people towards them and talking to a stranger is not a big deal for them. The rest need to toil hard even to initiate a conversation and start believing anyone before calling them their buddies.Such introvert people have trouble interacting with anyone but, this phenomena is normal too. It’s okay to your take time before making a move.
How to make Friends – the steps to do so!
On an average, 4-5 out of 10 kids have trouble in making friends. That’s almost half of the kids out there. They are either not interested in any company or too scared to step out of their comfort zone. There aren’t any hard and fast rules to friend-making, it all depends on the people involved. But these few steps are derived from research & surveys done by country’s best online magazine iNTELLYJELLY. Hope these help you all!
Points to remember on ‘how to make friends’ : –
- Look out for people or group you want to be friends with. Introduce yourself.
- Try and initiate conversations, a little step will surely help you succeeding.
- Join the people in their plans, if you agree to. If you don’t wish to politely refuse and suggest an alternative plan.
- Be open to questions about yourself. Talk about yours and their hobbies, likes & dislikes.
- Don’t give an opinion about everything. Stop judging anyone instantly. First try and know the person before making any assumptions.
- Be a good and a patient listener.
- Don’t talk about only your problems. Be a positive person. Nobody likes a sad person who only has problems with all.
- Don’t tell tales or gossip around. Once you trust someone then only share your secrets and inner thoughts.
- Spend time together, plan various activities like hiking, playing, playdates, movies and online reading (you can use iNTELLYJELLY’s vast collection of blogs and articles).
If you are lucky, this new friend might be your true and loyal best friend. What differentiates a best friend from rest of your friends, we shall cover in the next article of iNTELLYJELLY. Till then, make new friends, savour the friendship but remember making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when millions are against you!
“Every new friend is a new adventure… the start of more memories!
– Patrick Lindsay”
Until next time!
Happy making friends all around you!!