Grandparents for their grand kids are one-third parent, one-third teacher and one-third best friend.Love is a preeminent gift that one generation can leave for another! And the best example to define enduring love is of grandparents and grand kids. Grandparents are parent’s parents (that makes them parents x 2). Their love & care is benevolent and compassionate, they pamper their grandchildren to their heart’s content! They have heaps of experience, knowledge and valuable advice that they can pass on to their grand kids. I think these days’ children, when given a choice, would unquestionably choose their adoring yet cool grandparents over their strict and stern parents. For grandparents, their grandchildren are a treasure. Such is the case of Dadaji and Arjun, resident characters of iNTELLYJELLY and a fine example of how grandparents are the best people!
Parents of the new Generation
Parents of the new generation are always worried about Providing, Grooming and Teaching their Children that they often tend to forget a Child’s basic Need- Love! These days’ manners and etiquette’s hold more importance in ones overall personality development that a major part of day to day time and energy is spent in disciplining the kid. A lot of their time goes into teaching them things they can learn from Educational Magazines like iNTELLYJELLY. It is such a spot-on fact that while parents play the role of wardens, Grandparents are liberal and are indulgent towards kids.
In-fact, my daughter doesn’t really feel the need of her parents when she’s with her grandparents (both maternal & paternal). She’s happier to stay at home with her affectionate set of oldies than to go out with the authoritarian parents. I guess that’s the bond kids share with their grandma’s and grandpa’s. And why not?! As parents, they were always caught up amid parental duties and couldn’t really live their life with the kids. As such interest is dearer to one than the principle.
What activities can Grand kids do with Grandparents?
iNTELLYJELLY recommended activities that grandparents and kids can do together not only encourages overall development- mental & physical but also strengthens the special bond that they share.
- Baking or cooking together– Not only the children learn independency; they learn new things for sure. And making as easy as a glass of lemonade or as difficult as cake/cookies gives a sense of achievement to the kids.
- Indoor games– Memory games, chess, monopoly, board games, cards etc are a sure hit among young and elder alike.
- Hikes or treasure hunts games.
- Outdoor games– Group games such as ball games, badminton, hide & seek etc imparts physical endurance and exercises both the generations.
- Long nature walk or drive.
- Watching movies.
- Go through old albums and baby books and relive the gone years again.
- Story telling is the best thing to remember of grandparents stay. Each day new story of favourite character is the best memory of any childhood.
- Meet friends and relatives.
- Online library and book reading– Moral based stories and articles for the kids are a huge hit to ensure reading habit and vocabulary development. iNTELLYJELLY has a vast collection of English books, stories, articles meant specifically for growing children’s inquisitive minds.
Each family has an exclusive set of activities that they hold dear to them. Be it cooking together or going on trips together, be it a simple movie night or a lavish dinner night, be it insane game night or cosy camping in the garden or even reading India’s no.1 children’s magazine, iNTELLYJELLY together. The idea behind all these activities is to develop the relations and strengthen the ties amid our crazy, busy worlds.
“Because grandparents are free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them. They can often reach out past pride and fear of failure to close the space between generations.” – Jimmy Carter.
Visit your grandparents! Make them feel loved!
Until next time!